Accredited for radiation protection and control of radiation environmental parameters EN ISO/ IES 17020:2005.
RADIATION CONTROL INSPECTORATE
- State health radiation control of objects working with ionizing radiation sources in medicine, industry, science, agriculture etc.
- Activities prior and after commissioning of public object intended for work with IR sources:
– Conformity assessment of health requirements of investment projects and preparation of conclusion;
– Participation in committees for commissioning of radiation facilities; – Coordination of documentations applied for issuing licenses for use of IR sources for medical purposes; – Control on radiation safety regulations and rules for work with IR sources;
– Determination of radiation characteristics of working environment.
- Systematic control of commissioned objects by controlling factors of living and working environment.
- Investigation of incidents with IR sources in working environment.
- Prescription of obligatory hygienic measures and recommendation of administrative measures.
Mimi Pavlova engineer – physicist
Dimitrana Angelova – physicist
Jana Sidzhimova – physicist
Siyana Simeonova – physicist
Natali Nikolova – physicist
NUCLEAR FACILITIES INSPECTORATE
- Radiation control of working environment in NPP “Kozloduy”, Novi Han RAW Storage Facility and Research reactor.
- Radiation control in former uranium mining and milling sites.
- Radiation protection from natural radiation sources, including indoor exposure to radon in workplaces, dwellings and other buildings.
Kremena Ivanova engineer – physicist
Sector „Control in the former uranium mining sites“ – Mariana Yovcheva – chemist
Sector „Radon“ – Bistra Kunovska – physicist
Martina Tcenova – expert quality
Antoaneta Angelova – chemist
Sector „Control in NPP Kozloduy“ – Mariana Pashova – engineer
Adriana Vasileva-Monova – technician
Vasil Ochev – technician
PUBLIC EXPOSURE MONITORING LABORATORY
- Environmental monitoring of technogenic radionuclides.
- Assessment of technogenic and natural radionuclide content around the national sites with sources of IR.
- Monitoring and control of radionuclide content in foodstuffs, drinking water and other commodities.
- Assessment of public exposure to IR and nuclear facilities.
- Radiochemical analysis, determining the content of Ce-137, Sr-90, Ra-226, Rn-222, natural U, total beta and alpha activity in different environments.
- Gamma spectrometric analysis for gamma-emitting nuclides content.
Rositza Kamenova-Totseva – chemist
Radostina Kotova – physicist
Gergana Ivanova – chemist
Alexander Totsev – chemist
Galya Zekova – technician
Verginiya Petrova – technician
Zoya Ilieva – technician